Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Surreal

I grew up as a typical middle child. I may have been the most intelligent in the brood but I wasn’t much in anything else. Even now, I screw up in the simplest things at home. I do try but I always overlook something that was instructed to me. It’s either I screw up or I’m part of why others do around me. And for some reason it happens almost only at home. Another thing, I’m not close with any member of my immediate family.

That’s my background and maybe that’s the reason why I’m entranced with the times other compliment me in chat, on the phone, through text. I simply hunger for intimacy and appreciation as a person. And it’s so easy to give and receive that in a virtual environment.

Not much have changed since my first experience of exchanging compliments that lead to being close with the other. It’s mysterious how someone I haven’t seen could give me much happiness. Maybe it’s a false feeling of worth, maybe not. Flirting allows you to be real and surreal at the same time.

No comments: