Tuesday, December 18, 2007

What is this thing called dating?

I've never dated before but now I'm stepping into this zone and I'm exclusively seeing someone.

We first met in my place of work. He was a customer that was with his best friend and I was at the counter taking his order. He said his name and gave an auspicious smile. Days later we were hanging out in Makati, throwing semi-random questions to fill in the dead air moments that are sufficient in first dates.

We are kindred and we both like the arts. In different ways but unclashingly. He's like someone I could be but the road I'm on left me someplace else, and that's a good thing.

Where we are right now is really comfortable. We're not rushing anything, not rushing to get someplace. We're laying lines, discussing them, finding them.

No comments: