Thursday, September 13, 2007

Maybe

So I went out with this girl today who calls me her best friend. I don't mind but she's not my closest friend. Maybe the person I'm closest to in my block but there are a lot of people know more about me than she does.

She's one of the people that's in the previous entry. Yes, I liked her. Maybe I still do, but we're just not going to end up right.

If I wanted to, there's a big chance that we'd be together. But I decided not to pursue her. But I do still admire her.

She has a girlfriend now. But she complains about him about not being able to appreciate her for the things that she values. The guy does have redeeming values according to her but he's changed her not for the better and she notices it. She keeps on remarking that she simply loves the guy.

As a friend I did comfort her. She needs someone who appreciates and honors her for who she really is and I did.

A part of me wanted to snag her and talk my way into being together but I guess my brain was working well from protecting me into getting into a relationship that wouldn't go far. We could really be together but not for the long run. There are non-negotiables that she just didn't have. The greatest of which is having similar beliefs.

Another non-negotiable is that my significant other should be a guy. It's very likely that it's the logic in me that stops me from getting into a relationship with the same sex. I deeply want a family with wife and kids and another guy couldn't give me that. Call it selfish but probably the reason while I pursue intimacy because it is the calling of the present. But a family is ideally forever.

No comments: