Monday, September 10, 2007

Respect [Draft]

As days progress, I get to chat with more and more sensible people. It's a really rare treat because most of the ads on that IRC channel are made by people who are just looking for carnalities.

And so, I had this conversation with one that was throwing questions at me, trying to unravel me. It was good because I wanted to unravel me too. Each exchange tried and validated my being bi-straight, although I was open to the possibility that my preference could change to either becoming fully bi or fully straight. Or maybe there's some more complications deep inside of me.

There's something about the act of exchanging of ideas that stimulates. Usually one would want to be greater than the other but the best exchanges would be those that are bound by respect.

We didn't have the same convictions but we simply kept on talking. Maybe I influenced him by sharing my mind, maybe he influenced me by sharing his. But it doesn't matter, that wasn't the point of talking.

Simple respect is already rewarding.

No comments: